NCEDA is the professional trade association supporting economic development professionals in North Carolina, and our website is designed to support the needs of our members.
NCEDA strives to serve as a clearinghouse for its members, giving them access to educational content and other resources in support of the important tasks they perform on behalf of our communities, our regions and our state. We work closely with a variety of state, regional and national associations to provide networking opportunities, educational sessions and legislative information to our members.
North Carolina is home to many qualified economic development professionals. If you’re interested in bringing a project to North Carolina, please contact the Economic Development Partnership of North Carolina. Click HERE to view their 2021 Annual Report!
And, if you’d like to know more about how North Carolina pursues employers and encourages business growth within the state, please download NCEDA’s Economic Development Handbook.
NCEDA Webinar Resources
Please use this complete list of NCEDA webinars as a resource for your business or organization.
Business Retention and Workforce Development
- Find the Right Data Method: Comparing Workforce Analytics and Community Data Tools
- Entrepreneurship and Education in the New Era
- BRE in a Time of Social Distancing
Credentials and Career Development
- How IEDC’s CEcD Credential Can Boost Your Career Trajectory
- NC Certified Economic Developer Informational Session
Infrastructure and Industrial Assets
- Going Virtual: The Latest Technologies for Showcasing Properties and Communities
- Transforming Site Identification and Site Selection
- Utilities 101: Energizing North Carolina
- Utilities 101: Fueling Industry with Natural Gas and More
- Utilities 101: Water and Wastewater
- The Supply Chain for Economic Developers Part I: Understanding North Carolina’s Competitive Advantage
- The Supply Chain for Economic Developers Part II: Understanding North Carolina’s Competitive Advantage
Marketing and Business Outreach
- Tools and Tips for Making the Most of Today’s Technology
- Tools & Tips for a Powerful Economic Development Website
- Keeping Up Appearances: Why Now is the Time for a Marketing Re-Fresh
- Fundraising in Challenging Times
- From Calm to Crisis: Tips and Tools for Marketing and Communicating
- Maximizing the Return on Your Marketing Investment
- Retail as an Economic Development Tool Part I
- Retail as an Economic Development Tool Part II
- Funding Resource Workshop
- How to Support Local Businesses with ZoomBusiness
- Course Corrections for Your Economic Development Strategic Plan
- Best Practices in Maximizing Relationships with Elected Officials
- From Campus to Commerce: University Leadership in Economic Development Part I
- From Campus to Commerce: University Leadership in Economic Development Part II
- Small Business Administration Webinar, featuring NC District Director Thomas Stith
- CARES Act Webinar, featuring Senator Thom Tillis
- COVID-19 Recovery Webinar, featuring Governor Roy Cooper
- Re-Opening NC Businesses: Workplace and Employment Law Considerations
- From Recession to Recovery: Assessing the Economic and Financial Impact of COVID-19
- Open for Business During the Times of COVID-19: Key Considerations for North Carolina Businesses
- COVID-19 Civil Immunity Protections for Businesses
- Recovery Focus: How North Carolina’s Tourism and Outdoor Recreation Industries are Fighting the Pandemic
- DHHS COVID-19 Update for North Carolina’s Businesses and Economic Development Community
- What Economic Development Can Learn from Businesses that Survive COVID-19
State of the Economy
- New Tax Considerations for 2020
- 2021 Political Landscape: The Election is Over – What Does It Mean for Public Policy in the US and NC?
- The State Budget: Where Have We Been? Where Are We Going? What Does It Mean?
- What Lies Ahead for the Economy: A View from the Federal Reserve
- EDO Marketplace
The EDO Marketingplace is your go-to resource for finding products and services for your economic development organization (EDO). Whether you’re an investment promotion agency, chamber of commerce, convention and visitors bureau, downtown development association, municipality or other group, this is the place to find the resources you need to carry out your mission. If you provide products and services to these economic development organizations, apply today to join the growing list of directory members.
- UNC System Campus Resources for Economic Impact Studies
- UNC Economic Transformation Council