NCEDA supports the advancement of outstanding economic development practitioners by annually awarding scholarships for professional development and recognizing the North Carolina Economic Developer of the Year.
- Dan Stewart BEDC Scholarship, which pays $670 for tuition to the one-week Basic Economic Development Course held annually at UNC Chapel Hill. Scholarship recipients are responsible for all travel, lodging and ancillary costs.
- ECU Economic Development Academy Scholarship, which pays $395 for tuition at one course offering of East Carolina University’s North Carolina Certified Economic Developer program. Scholarship recipients are responsible for all travel, lodging and ancillary costs.
- Jack Ervin EDI/IEDC Scholarship, which pays up to $660 per year for three years (a total value of $1,980) toward tuition either at the Economic Development Institute (EDI) at Oklahoma University or three annual courses offered by the International Economic Development Council (IEDC). Scholarship recipients are responsible for all travel, lodging and ancillary costs.
- Governor James E. Holshouser Professional Development Scholarship, which pays up to $1,000 per year for three years (a total value of $3,000) for EDI or IEDC courses.
Applying for Scholarships
Click HERE to view the 2020 Scholarship Application Packet. The application deadline is Friday, May 15. Scholarship recipients will be announced at the Annual Conference. Contact Liz (888.246.2332 / firstname.lastname@example.org) with any questions.
Our 2019 scholarship recipients were recognized last year at the 2019 Spring Conference in Pinehurst:
- Kathleen Henry, Wake County Economic Development (Dan Stewart Scholarship)
- Tyler Chaffee, Winston-Salem Business (Jack Ervin Scholarship)
- Alyssa Byrd, Chatham Economic Development Corporation (Gov. Holshouser Scholarship)
The 2020 Award Nomination Period has been postponed due to COVID-19. It will open over the summer and award recipients will be announced at the 2020 Fall Conference in October. Contact Liz (888.246.2332 / email@example.com) with any questions.
Economic Developer of the Year
At the Annual Conference each year, NCEDA presents an award to the individual who best exemplifies leadership in the state’s economic development efforts. The North Carolina Economic Developer of the Year award is given in recognition of the winner’s contributions to expansions and projects completed during the previous calendar year.
See our current honoree and list of previous recipients.
Legislator of the Year
NCEDA periodically recognizes members of the North Carolina Senate and North Carolina House of Representatives in recognition for their exceptional support for the state’s economic development efforts.
See our most recent honorees.